Know You. Be You. Drama 🙂
Bespoke workshops and programmes for everyone!
Know You. Be You. Drama is all about learning and self-development through creating a fun and encouraging atmosphere, where children and young people feel free and comfortable to ‘be’ and ‘love’ themselves.
KYBY is an idea birthed from the themes explored in Zara’s book, entitled Ada(2012). Research shows that low self-esteem is a major issue that affects children in schools and the local community. In discovering this, Zara felt it important to raise awareness and address this issue by hosting interactive classes and special public performance evenings to encourage children to step out of their comfort zones to ‘shine’ and express what they have learned.
Find out more about past and future productions and events.
The ethos of KYBY is to help build confidence that will filter into all areas of a child’s lives – whether it is achieving excellent grades at school, public speaking, developing their future job prospects or simply socialising with friends. We believe the sky is the limit!
- To create a friendly, supportive creative and professional atmosphere for children to learn through drama and performance
- To gain confidence, self-belief, a positive attitude and a desire to achieve their goals through drama and performance
- To consistently be excellent in everything we do
- Understanding we are all special and unique individuals
- Understanding the importance to love ourselves regardless of our faults and mistakes
- Understanding we are all equal
- Understanding we all deserve to be treated with respect
Why choose Know You. Be You?
- Founded on good morals and ethics
- Based on confidence building
- Meet new friends
- Provides fun live showcases for family and friends
- Work on acting skills and vocals
- Staff trained and qualified
- Staff friendly and welcoming
- Staff DSB checked
- Zero tolerance – no bullying or discrimination
- Reliable and timely programmes
What KYBY can Offer
- Creative Mentoring
What is mentoring? Mentoring allows space for the mentee to work together with the mentor to develop and grow in their chosen area. Mentoring is a professional and learning relationship which allows encouragement, practical advice and support.
- Bespoke creative workshops and programmes for everyone created to suit your needs.
Some of which we offer are:
* “The Star In You” Confidence building programme
* “The Bully” Anxiety workshop
* “Let Me Go” Anger management workshop
* “Looking Within” Identity programme
* “Us” Team Building programme
* “The Rhythm within” Self exploration workshop
* 1-1 personal sessions (help with monologues)
* Personal development classes in preparation for professional acting
* Expressive Workshops
- The Heart Beat programme
This is a tailored one off or 3 weeks programme which involves the drum! The rhythmic beat that touches the soul, talks to the spirit and creates one to move! The first instrument before the piano, before the bass, saxophone and guitar. The sounds that was and still is used for communication, celebrations and deaths… Yes it is the heart beat ‘THE DRUM’. Known as the powerful and iconic instrument for the culture of ‘Black Africans’, yet used by everyone.
- Singing lessons
Do you love to sing? … Well, look no further! you do not need to be a skilled singer to take part in KYBY’s singing lessons. Learn the basics of singing and performance with our experienced staff. Also available for groups, contact for more information.
Fees vary, please get in touch to discuss further.